So apparently I'm a little behind the games as I just learned of the Elf On The Shelf. The person who came up with this is genius! I've really been enjoying following some friends elves and seeing their creative ideas everynight. Here are some of my favorite ideas that some of you may be able do with your very own Santa's little spy.
1. Elf on top of the milk in the fridge (and he miraculously turns the milk green with food color)!
2. Building a fort with your advent calendar in it and the elf tucked inside "asleep".
3. Make a popcorn string, put it on a light or fan and have your elf propelling down in.
4. Wake the kids up with an electronic helicicopter with the elf flying around on it.
5. Have your elf toilet paper the kids room- I've heard the kids find this one very funny!
I hope this tradition is still around when it's my time to have kids! It seems to be a wonderful way to keep the family smiling and kids behaving during the holiday season. I've also heard of some funny things parents have done with the elf to each other once the kids are fast asleep just for a good laugh for themselves like Dad putting the elf in the wine closet when Mom's putting the kids to sleep.